The role of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. As an expert in your organisation’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environment including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You will provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations including; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media. This apprenticeship standard includes an end point assessment to pass the apprenticeship.
- Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship certificate
- Achieve Level 2 English and Maths Functional Skill (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A – C / 9 – 4)
Key Areas for Development and Learning
- Develop your customer service principles and practices – including customer experience and feedback, internal and external communications, needs and priorities and targets and goals
- Customer service skills – including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- Using customer service tools and resources – including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
- Build personal capabilities
- Gain expertise and professional recognition
- Boost career progression and prospects.